IT System Administration - Journey
This recruitment will remain open until filled. The WSIB may make a hiring decision at any time. It is in the candidate’s best interest to apply early.
About the WSIB:
The Washington State Investment Board (WSIB) is a dedicated global investment management organization with over $190.0 billion in assets under management. The WSIB's globally diversified portfolios are comprised of more than 17,500 holdings across 87 countries on 6 continents and in 49 currencies. The WSIB's central mandate is to maximize return at a prudent level of risk.
The WSIB manages investments for 17 retirement plans for public employees, teachers, school employees, law enforcement officers, firefighters, and judges. We also manage investments for several other important public funds that benefit Washington’s industrial insurance program, colleges and universities, and developmental disability programs. The WSIB’s excellent investment performance dramatically contributes to the state’s bottom line by earning the lion’s share of money needed to cover state pension benefits.
The WSIB operates in a hybrid work environment and this position should anticipate 60% of their time in the office.
The WSIB is seeking a qualified candidate to join our Information Technology (IT) team as an IT System Administration – Journey. In this role you will work closely with WSIB staff in all areas of the organization to develop and maintain the agency’s enterprise infrastructure operations. You will use advanced tools and IT knowledge to monitor and control the agencies’ IT Service Management suite as well as the end-user environment. This position serves as the agency’s primary application technical lead and is responsible for implementing both cloud and COTS solutions.
We are looking for a skilled IT professional with experience in system application administration, cloud and network administration, Azure Active Directory, server administration, server software, and Intune mobile device management administration. This role requires a curious thinker who understands technical systems and can work independently, absent of explicit direction. Our ideal candidate is someone who embraces autonomy, values customer service, and can interact with business operation owners and other stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements.
Some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Work with Apple Business Manager (ABM) and Intune to deliver mobile device provisioning, deployment, and support.
- Lead and participate in efforts to develop and implement processes for application and system monitoring to ensure availability of agency wide applications.
- Monitor, evaluate, and resolve system operational issues and monitoring alerts, including validating severity and determining root cause of discovered issues for applications and other underlying related technologies.
- Participate in security design review sessions and obtain approval for implementing new technology solutions compliant with Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) security standards.
- Work with the central service provider to implement AAD authentication on new applications.
- Provide expert technical business consultation and support for technologies at a tier 2 and 3 levels.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information security, information technology or closely related field.
An associate degree OR equivalent two years of vocational training in a technical field AND three years of progressively more responsible IT experience consulting, analyzing, scripting, installing and/or maintaining computer hardware and software applications.
Five years of progressively more responsible IT experience consulting, analyzing, scripting, installing and/or maintaining computer hardware and software applications.
- Four or more years providing technical and customer support in information technology.
- Four or more years of experience in the administration of Microsoft Active Directory domains in a Forest model in an Enterprise setting.
- Five or more years of experience working in enterprise installation of the Microsoft Windows Server Operating system in an Active Directory environment. Experience should include design, installation, configuration, and administration.
- Two or more years of experience using scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Two or more years of experience supporting or involvement with Microsoft Azure or cloud equivalent environment.
- Four or more years of experience designing and administering Microsoft File Services.
- Three or more years of experience with Microsoft Exchange Admin Console.
- Two or more years of experience with systems administration in Mobile Device Management including Mobile Device hardware and software support and consulting and mobile device platforms (Apple Business Manager, and Windows Intune).
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can be successful, please address this in your cover letter.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including education verification, credit check, and criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
AT THE WSIB...
You’ll experience true work-life balance and talented, passionate co-workers focused on maximizing the investment returns for the exclusive benefit of the beneficiaries. The WSIB is a respected institutional investor and thought leader in its industry and we value diverse perspectives and life experiences. The WSIB is supportive of an H1B Sponsorship.
The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and those representing diverse ethnicities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans, military spouses or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Employees may be eligible for the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee & dependents, Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), Vacation, Sick, and other Leave, 11 Paid Holidays and 1 Personal Holiday per year, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance, Deferred Compensation Programs, Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP), Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, Commute Trip Reduction Incentives, professional development opportunities, flexible work schedules, and participation in the Combined Fund Drive and SmartHealth.
The WSIB is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the WSIB will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact HR@sib.wa.gov.
We invest the funds entrusted to us with integrity, care, and skill to maximize return over the long term at a prudent level of risk for the exclusive...