Daugherty brings a fresh approach to data engineering by delivering results through unmatched innovation and world-class technology and talent. This is why many of the most well-known companies in the world trust us with their mission-critical projects. As a team member at Daugherty, you will play an integral role in our company’s success and are recognized and valued for your contributions. We have an entrepreneurial culture with the maturity and security of a 35+ year company helping you to create your best work and take your career to the next level.
At Daugherty we are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion, social impact, career growth & learning, and work-life balance. Work Remotely!
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Collaborate and work closely with team to build data platforms.
- Maintain and manage distributed computing clusters in development and production environments.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Work with team members and functional leads to understand existing data requirements and validation rules to support moving existing data warehouse workloads into a distributed data platform.
- Create custom software components (e.g., specialized UDFs) and analytics applications.
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Implement & automate high-performance algorithms, prototypes and predictive models.
- Interest working with cloud platform technologies such as:
- AWS – Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, ADP, Hive, Kinesis, SNS/SQS and QuickSight.
- Azure – Synapse, Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks, Power Platform
- GCP – Big Query, Vertex, Dataflow, GKE, Anthos, Dataproc, Firebase
- Interest in distributed computing including Kubernetes, DockerSwarm, and Hadoop.
- Familiarity with high performance data libraries including Spark, NumPy and TensorFlow.
- Familiarity with the data science process including feature extraction and productionalizing data science models.
- Ability to work with large data structures and optimize code to process them.
- Proven ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly.
- Intermediate level of SQL programming and query performance tuning techniques for data integration and consumption using design for optimum performance against large data assets within an OLTP, OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, and in-memory versus disk.
- Experience building data pipelines to connect analytics stacks, client data visualization tools and external data sources.
- Exposure to stream-processing and messaging, such as Spark-Streaming, Kafka, MQ, Redis, and their cloud-based analogs.
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD toolset, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Buildbot, Drone and Bamboo.
- Proven experience with programming Languages, such as Scala, Java, R and Python.
What We Commit to YOU
- We provide a multitude of training opportunities, from Certifications, Hackathons, Lunch and Learns, free access to Pluralsight, Udemy and other digital learning platforms.
- You will get to work with some of the most innovative teams in the IT marketplace and solve real strategic problems.
- We will invest in things that are important to you both professionally and personally.
- We will build a relationship with you to accelerate your career.
- We will provide you with a team environment like no other. We are consistently ranked as a Top Workplace in many of our locations as voted by our own employees.
- We provide opportunities to build community, be social and have fun with your fellow colleagues.
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Daugherty Business Solutions is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please inform any recruiter you are working with (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The recruiting team will respond to your email promptly.
IT Services and IT Consulting