DevOps Engineer - Hybrid (2-3 days in Office)
As Mixhalo continues to scale, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer on the Infrastructure team to build and grow our existing infrastructure.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Infrastructure.
Mixhalo is remote-friendly, but this is a hybrid role with some in-office requirements. Candidates for this role must be located in the Bay Area.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, deploy and maintain production backend services and infrastructure
- Architect and provide guidance on deployment of containerized applications
- Manage existing cloud infrastructure in both AWS and GCP
- Configure monitoring and alerting for both backend and on-site infrastructure
- Manage CI/CD build pipelines for firmware and other services
- Migrate and containerize legacy services for Kubernetes deployment
- Carry a regular PagerDuty rotation for critical infrastructure
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience building, deploying and supporting live production backend systems
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Fluent in a programming language like Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Experience with backend services written in C is a plus
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP
- Experience setting up, configuring and troubleshooting complex IP networks
- Experience with common deployment tools like Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Solid foundation of engineering best practices with Git/GitHub
- Solid foundation with Postgres and/or other relational databases
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins
- Familiarity with a DevOps incident management and response lifecycle
- A clear and effective communicator in both written and verbal formats
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed
- Startup experience is a plus
- Embrace the Mixhalo values of Passion, Ambition, Continuous Improvement, and Teamwork
Our Values, The Mixhalo P.A.C.T.
- Passion. We know in order to change the world of live events it’s going to take something extra, something deeper than just doing your job, we believe this is #passion. You have some deep passion for what we do, whether it’s marketing, sports, music, technology, startups, or something else, we believe this is critical to high performance and our collective success
- Ambition. We are changing the way the world experiences live events. We want to build a big influential company with a positive impact. How can we go faster, bigger, better? You’ll need to think big and push the boundaries
- Continuous improvement. We strive to get better each and every day. Learning and self reflection are super important. This takes courage and awareness and vulnerability. We are never done mastering our craft and improving the way we work
- Teamwork. Perhaps every company has some form of this in their values, but for us these are not saccharin posters on the wall. Our team is really special and we are going to keep it that way. We believe in assuming best intentions, having each others’ backs, and empathy. No one is above any job and we all roll up our sleeves to help. Yet we also know that being a true teammate means we hold each other accountable, we don’t shy away from difficult conversations. We are always kind but we will challenge each other. Feedback is a gift and a duty.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mixhalo powers live events so audio is heard the way it’s intended - from the front row to the nosebleeds.