Lead Engineer (remote)
We are looking for an engineering leader who is excited to join a fast-growing startup in a management role. The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background and a proven track record of leading development teams on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users. Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued than knowing a specific language or tech stack.
- Operate as a player-coach building software as well as building your team.
- Architect creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Build and maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Advocate for technology and be the primary point of contact within your domain
- Collaborate intimately with internal teams, mentor junior engineers, and advocate for stakeholders. We expect you to contribute and make us all better!
Your Background & Skills
- A proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer to build products for web and backend
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a codebase that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Company equity
- Annual education stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Health benefits (coverage for medical, dental, and vision costs, life insurance, and more)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- "Light Meeting Fridays" year-round
- "Summer Friday" afternoons off
- Paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual team events
- DoorDash Wednesdays
- 401k with company match
Climb earned a spot on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2020!
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 40 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.