Front-end Engineer (React.js)
Circle Medical is a Y-Combinator healthcare technology startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, and physicians, our telemedicine software has pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our founding team has decades of experience with successful technology startup exits. We’ve used our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to scale from California to over fifteen states across the US.
We’re now entering the hypergrowth phase, expanding nationwide from over fifteen states to all fifty states in the next six months. And this is only the beginning.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are looking for passionate, mission-driven engineers who take pride in the products they build. As a frontend engineer, you'll work along side other engineers, product designers, operation experts and clinicians to build patient/physician-facing features in the core product. Our primary frontend technologies are React.js, Next.js, and GraphQL. That being said, we believe in using the right tool for the job.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Contribute to the development of patient and physician-facing Web applications
- Implement, test, and maintain Web applications
- Work in collaboration with the product designer to create a delightful user experience
- Write secure, HIPAA-compliant software
- Contribute to the engineering culture and hiring
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 1+ year as a frontend Engineer
- Good programming skills
- Experience shipping and maintaining a Web app in production
- Rigorous unit testing and use of best practices
- Good eye for design and ability to make product decisions
- Ability to take ownership
- Desire to learn
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE:
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, math, or similar fields
- Experience shipping and maintaining a large software system
- Experience with Ruby
- Good knowledge of computer security
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on location (San Francisco, Montreal, or remote in US), output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary (cash and stock combined) of $95,000- $132,000 USD plus, generous vacation, full medical/dental benefits.
Circle Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create the technology that enables quality, delightful primary care for everyone on the planet.