Fullstack developer for innovative digital agency - Remote UK only!
Telescopic is a diverse team of technical experts, mostly based in the UK, London. We are a remote first company with team members working in various time zones. We specialise in digital transformation, systems integrations and complex automations. In practice, that includes building websites, e-commerce shops and apps, working with legacy systems and APIs. Our clients are diverse and varied, including: NESTA, UCL, The Valuable 500, British Fencing and many more. We nurture long term relationships with both our team and our clients. We value the work we do and how we impact the world around us. That’s why we are currently in the final stages of becoming a B-Corp certified organisation.
About the role:
We are looking for a proactive, optimistic and motivated full stack developer to grow with us. The role is for someone who wants to make the grow into engineering leadership and be actively involved in the company's direction and growth.
We have three types of work: New projects that require planning and implementation from scratch Consultation projects that require strategic thinking Ongoing maintenance projects that require updating and new features
- Code reviews and mentoring of other developers
- Participate in regular performance reviews
- Building elegant and modular front end structures using sass
- Consider admin user needs for CMS maintenance of front end displays
- UX consultation during scoping and planning
- Maintaining and enhancing existing code
- Working on third party legacy systems
- Working with back end API endpoints
- Strategic technical project planning and scoping
- Collaborating with the project team on finding solutions to our clients problems
- Coordinating tasks with the project manager
You’ll need to have experience working independently with some of the following:
- Angular (or React) – we use these for apps, with rxjs and NativeScript
- Css (we use sass)
Any of these are a plus, but NOT a requirement:
- Magento 2
- Custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Native mobile app experience – Swift, C# or Java
- Gulp or other task runners
- Experience with devops
- You're thorough in your code execution and mostly get it right the first time - because you spot pattern, are conscientious with your testing and understand the bigger picture.
- Happy to be client facing where necessary (this is not a client management role!) and advise on best practices
- Happy to learn new languages and frameworks
- You already have at least 5 years of experience, ideally working in an agency or similar environment on various web or web app projects.
- You would be able to meet up every now and again in London.
- You know how to write an HTML page from scratch and are confident with command line tools. You are knowledgeable on topics like accessibility, usability, SEO or similar, because you were interested or it came up in your previous projects.
- You’re one of the team. It doesn’t matter if you have to head off early to pick up your kid or take care of other stuff – the team will have your back. But communication and reliability is key, especially in a remote working environment.
- You genuinely care about the work you do and our clients. You are confident talking to clients if necessary and take care that tasks get delivered efficiently and to a high standard. If you see that anything isn’t right, you speak up, you step up, you sort things out. If any of the team sees that you need help, they will step up and lend a hand. In return you do the same for them. It doesn’t matter if you’re not an ‘expert’ in a particular language or framework, as long as you can think on your feet and use common sense.
- You don’t just follow instructions, you think about the best way of getting a task done. But you’re also pragmatic enough to sometimes just ‘do what’s necessary’ to get things done.
- You’re logical and understand how digital tools are put together. You’re also not afraid to ask the stupid questions or do the ‘boring’ jobs too. You can follow a process and look for ways to improve them.
- If you’re interested in learning something new, you’ll let us know so we can do our best to find a course. If you want to progress in your career in a particular direction, you’ll speak up so we can make a plan and put you on a relevant project.
- Profit based bonus
- Free lunches or choice of other benefits
- Remote work
- No overtime (this shouldn't be a benefit, but worth pointing out)
- Parental leave policy
- Cost of living pay raises
- Basic CV screening or initial chat
- Questionnaire to establish experience, technical thought process and communication skills and coding test
- Video call(s) - there might be more than one to meet further team members
- References from previous employers
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your workflow, made to work. Specialising in digital transformation and integrations so you don't have to.