We’re a team of around 30 engineers and digital specialists of mixed disciplines and experience distributed across the UK and US. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through continuous delivery of the product so we focus on making small, incremental improvements in order to deliver high quality software, frequently. We’re strong believers in the principles of agile, so we work in small cycles and regularly reflect on our processes making changes where necessary to improve outcomes and effectiveness.
About the Role
This role sits inside our Product and Engineering team, where you’ll be embedded into one of our squads working on expanding the feature set of ESG data and reporting platform. You’ll have a chance to get involved early in our product’s development, having the opportunity to shape and steer our platform’s technical direction as well as contribute code across the entire stack.
- Work closely with other lead engineers to steer the overall product and platform architecture.
- Lead a product squad of engineers, driving the thinking and execution of new features to improve our ESG data and reporting platform.
- Work closely with other stakeholders, such as designers and product managers to capture requirements and distill problems into value focused deliverables.
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve our existing solutions and be accountable for technical specifications and execution in the daily work of the team
- Advocate high standards of quality related to code and systems whilst maintaining a strong delivery focus, identifying and resolving blockers before they become issues.
- Be actively involved in our various Guilds, ensuring that the team’s output achieves our quality and security goals.
- Coach and mentor team members and help them to develop and improve their skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, and are able to work collaboratively and respectfully with other team members.
- Good judgment, and aren’t afraid to make decisions and act with purpose and intention to progress Novata’s goals, whilst understanding which battles to pick when it comes to business objectives versus technical limitations.
- An appetite to deliver through a high degree of personal commitment coupled with a natural passion for continuous learning and growth.
- A proven ability to make technical trade offs, balancing what’s best for the business, users and the product.
- A focus on output whilst ensuring the final developed products are robust and maintainable.
- Proficiency in engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation).
- A passion for CI/CD and automated testing.
We use and teach:
- React and NextJS for our frontend.
- TypeScript and Node.js for our backend.
- Git for controlling change.
- Postgres for our persistent storage.
- Docker to package our services into containers.
- AWS for deployment, specifically ECS, ECR, RDS, Fargate and Lambda.
- Terraform to define our Infrastructure as Code.
- Candidates must be in the US East Coast time zone to maximize the overlap with the UK.
- This position is not eligible for H1B or other work visa sponsorships.
- Work at a startup which has significant backing
- Full support for remote work, with access to an office in Manhattan.
- Robust health benefits packages (medical, dental and vision plan)
- Paid leave, Paid time off.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to empower private markets to achieve a more sustainable and inclusive form of capitalism.