Fresh Connect Product Manager
Fresh Connect Product Manager
About Fresh is a Boston-based nonprofit committed to expanding access to the high-quality, fresh food that is vital to people’s health, wellbeing, and culture. By empowering individual purchasing power, ensuring local and convenient access to fresh food, and taking into account the different ways in which people experience food, About Fresh is transforming the food system and who pays for it. About Fresh operates two programs:
- Fresh Truck mobile markets bring affordable, healthy food to Boston neighborhoods;
- Fresh Connect is a pre-paid debit card and analytic platform that enables healthcare providers to cover the cost of healthy food for patients and measure related health impacts.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and focused Product Manager to manage Fresh Connect product development, timelines, and deliverables for our Fresh Connect platform. This platform serves as our end-to-end program administration and cardholder support tool, analytic engine, and payment infrastructure, which we use to empower people with the money and flexibility to buy the foods they need to be healthy.
Working at the intersection of food access, healthcare technology, and payments innovation, the Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the development of the Fresh Connect roadmap and executing based on defined deliverables and deadlines, while centering the experiences of Fresh Connect cardholders, healthcare providers, as well as local and national grocers.
The ideal candidate will be a people-centered, experienced product manager with a proven capacity to build effective and mission-driven products. This role will report to the Fresh Connect Product Director and work cross-functionally with in-house and off-site engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the Fresh Connect Product Director to identify and implement platform priorities and then take features from concept to reality
- Convene stakeholders and gather user requirements requirements in close partnership with Fresh Connect program teams and external partners
- Create, revise, and manage user stories for new features, while working closely with engineering, design, and product teams to ensure feasibility within defined parameters, delivering high-value features at the right time
- Collaborate on with the Fresh Connect Product Director on the Fresh Connect product roadmap, developing growth-focused timelines for feature development and setting up the team for success
- Effectively manage and clearly communicate expectations across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Be an active learner in the emerging space of healthy food incentive technology
Who You Are
- An experienced product manager and leader. You are able to rally a team together around an impactful vision. You know how to work autonomously, when to bring others in to collaborate, and how to ask for help. You have at least three years of experience managing product roadmaps and successfully delivering features using Jira and Confluence.
- Flexible and innovative, grounded in tried-and-true frameworks and methodology. While your work is based on known product development methodologies, you’re open to rethinking when templates don’t meet the needs of our teams.
- Biased towards thoughtful action. We’re a small organization with a big vision, so we empower our team to make decisions. You thoughtfully prioritize features and initiatives in order to meaningfully and quickly execute. .
- A precise and compassionate communicator. You make complex topics easy to understand. You deeply understand your audience and know what information is the most relevant to convey and when to convey it. You are able to work with world class clinicians, patient care managers, grocery retailers, and every day people experiencing hardship to understand their needs and deliver solutions that make a meaningful impact on their lives.
- Highly competent across diverse networks. You possess a high degree of cultural and social competency. You embrace working across a diverse network of teammates, partners, and user communities. You build effective products by leading with curiosity, empathy, and honoring people as experts in their own lives.
- Comfortable working across remote teams. You have experience working with remote teams and have built and shipped products while maintaining ongoing communication with stakeholders across multiple time zones.
- A natural learner. You embrace the unknown. Constant learning, prototyping, A/B testing, and analysis are critical and you facilitate these processes effectively.
What you’ll get
- Work with a dynamic, dedicated, and diverse team to make it easier for people to get the food they need to be healthy, happy, and hopeful
- Competitive benefits package provided for employees and eligible dependents, including full employer paid health, subsidized dental and vision coverage
- 3 weeks paid vacation time, plus paid company winter break and company holidays
- 403-b retirement savings matching
- Personal learning and development funds
- The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000
About Fresh practices equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout our programming, hiring practices, and organizational design to create a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and making decisions in service of our mission. About Fresh staff represent a wide range of abilities, racial, socioeconomic, gender, religious, and national identities—we value the depth this brings to carrying out our mission. About Fresh is an equal opportunity employer.
About Fresh Culture Code
We’re Driven by People
We honor people by listening to their experiences and sharing our own. We do our best at work when we nurture relationships and care for people and our partners.
We’re About Learning
We are audacious learners and program builders. Our persistence and confidence in learning drives our ability to solve complex problems and engineer impactful solutions.
We Come Through
We deliver in everyday and big moments. We greet our work with a deep sense of responsibility and discipline, knowing that people rely on our work, and are betting on us to shape the future of food equity.
Food is ❤️
We believe food is our culture, happiness + health. Our work is inspired by moments of joy, connection, humor, and healing that happen when we gather around food.
Your application has been successfully submitted.