Clickatell is a world-class Chat Commerce company, ambitious to stay ahead of its competitors. We build our own culture in which we dream big and stay busy doing the right things. We need people who can understand the bigger picture and who connect the dots to achieve success. In our agile and demanding environment, you will have to ask the right questions and take the smart risk.
We call ourselves Champions. Why Champions? Because it’s not only about what they have done, but also for what they are going to do. The way they are going to drive our organization forward and deliver solutions to our customers. Watch this space as we blaze a new path while expanding across the globe.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team where you will be required to utilise your knowledge of Java and Angular to develop and maintain Chat Commerce features on our high performance (low latency, high transaction volumes) applications. This role will join our existing agile teams of developers and will assist in expanding our capacity, this will allow us to build the features that will enable our clients to seamlessly transact and engage with their customers on a global scale, using channels such as WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat, and SMS, with new channels coming soon. This role will report into a Cape Town based team lead.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Work with an awesome geographically distributed team of engineers, product managers and designers to implement the next generation of products and/or features
- Work independently with a focus on:
- projects that involve developing applications from scratch
- building applications that can scale (millions of transactions/requests per day)
- developing software iteratively and deliver working code each iteration
- implementing, debugging, and testing of new product features, or enhancements on existing features, or assisting customers and vendors with implementing and troubleshooting end-to-end solutions
- test-driven development using unit and integration tests in an agile environment
- sustaining features once delivered into production
- authoring relevant documentation and test cases
- providing scheduled standby/on-call support of production software
- Success is measured by your achievements in the areas of:
- Software development design and code quality
- Scalability of the delivered solutions
- Quality of the documentation that includes use cases, architectural and sequence diagrams, etc as required.
- Participation in discussion of architecture, design recommendations and implementations
- Adherence to policies and standards as applied by the team and directed by the software development manager
- Work Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Software Engineering role, demonstrating an aptitude for Full Stack development
- A background working in a high-volume communication, payment transaction environment, or mobile technology platforms and systems integration would be advantageous
- Must be able to demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product or business specifications.
- Knowledge and Abilities
- At least Java 11 or newer with Spring Boot 2 or newer and Spring Framework experience required
- HTML 5, CSS 3 and Typescript experience required
- Knowledge of RxJS would be advantageous
- Knowledge of IntelliJ and Visual Studio Code IDEs would be advantageous
- Package management tools such as NPM
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot both front-end and backend components
- Databases SQL language and scripting (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with Version Control systems such as git (GitLab)
- Containerization (Docker / other), Kubernetes or other container orchestration frameworks, advantageous
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) or other cloud-based infrastructures & services would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Linux or a recognized Unix platform would be advantageous
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies and embracing of their values and principles.
A Bit About You
You are a highflyer with the ability and desire to achieve. You have a razor-focus on implementing the plans aligned to your team goals and aim to exceed every expectation. You take the brief and produce solutions that are practical, smart and ready to implement. You embrace change that is coming and make recommendations for process improvement. You seek opportunities to connect with others to bring plans together and deliver. You are able to be analytical and follow a logical process to make the right decisions. You have the eye for detail, accuracy and spotting mistakes. You value teamwork and keep an open-mind to ensure you are flexible and adaptable. You have exceptional communication skills and manage your time and priorities like a pro.
- Healthcare, Retirement Fund and Risk benefit company contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Reimbursable Communication allowances for internet and mobile phone bills
- Half-day off on your birthday
- 5 personal days leave a year, over and above your annual leave
- Remote Working (our offices are currently open for essential use only due to COVID-19)
- Home office set-up with laptop, monitor, chair and UPS
Clickatell is unequivocally committed to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe that we are stronger together and that sameness limits our thinking and our opportunities. You are welcome at Clickatell for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you choose to believe. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. But it isn’t just about a whole lot of different people working together all having their say – it is about us creating a place where we all feel that we belong. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world uses chat technology.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading digital commerce and customer engagement through mobile and chat