Java Developer - All levels
Clickatell is a digital commerce leader. We enable brands to connect, interact, and transact with their customers inside of the chat platforms they already use.
For over 20 years, we have built a global culture rooted in our 4 core values - Curious, Creative, Collaborative, Champion. While every company has them, few truly live by them, and use them as guide posts for how we run our company. It's something you can feel in your everyday interactions with fellow employees.
We take smart risks, we ask why, we involve others, and we find a way - always.
We are looking to add several Java Developers to our teams in Cape Town, supporting our various Chat Commerce products.
You will be joining an agile team of developers who are passionate about the products they build. We enable our clients to seamlessly transact and engage with their customers (on a global scale via channels like WhatsApp, Google RCS, etc). Clickatell is looking for a talented and ambitious developers that are passionate about building high performance (low latency, high transaction volumes) across multiple platforms.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Work with an awesome geographically distributed team of engineers and product designers to implement the next generation of products and/or features
- Work independently and collaborate on projects developing applications from scratch
- Build applications that can scale (millions of transactions/requests per day)
- Develop software iteratively and deliver working code each iteration, including authoring relevant documentation and test cases
- implementing, debugging and testing of new product features, or enhancements on existing features, or assisting customers and vendors with implementing and troubleshooting end-to-end solutions
- Implementing a test-driven development using unit tests and integration tests in an agile environment
- sustaining implemented features once delivered into production, including maintenance and support
- accurate and detailed documentation of relevant design artefacts (use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams etc)
- working closely with key stakeholders in particular with team leads and technical managers
- Partake in discussion of architecture, design recommendations and implementations
- Adhere to policies and standards as applied by the team and directed by the technical manager
- Provide scheduled standby/on-call support of production software
Requirements of the Role
- Computer Science degree or equivalent diploma from a reputable school preferred; software developement experience of 3 years or more or combination of education and experience
- Industry experience in Financial or banking, or telecommunications an advantage
- Process experience in
- Hybrid waterfall/agile environments
- Agile environments including attendant tools and steps
- Proven technology experience in
- high volumes transactional/low latency solutions
- multi-tiered, multi-threaded Java applications with a focus on high transaction/low latency communication tier
- integration with 3rd party platforms such as those belonging to telecommunications service providers and banks/financial institutions
- implementation of solutions as micro services, in the cloud an advantage
- incorporation and utilisation of native cloud services
A Bit About You
You are a pacesetter, who is strong in execution and comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working across multiple projects simultaneously. You set the priorities to deliver practical solutions for opportunities and change. You achieve results though maximizing resources and leading the way to the best solutions. You build and invest in relationships and influentially engage across teams, and with specialists, to brainstorm and arrive at the right answers. You develop, finetune and manage processes and coach the team on procedures and adopting new techniques. You are incredibly independent and a self-starter with a microscopic attention to detail. You take initiative by being resourceful and proactive.
Perks of the Role
- Medical Aid contribution
- Pension fund contribution
- Quarterly performance incentive bonus
- Risk benefit company contributions
- Reimbursable communications allowance for internet and mobile phone bills
- Half-day off on your birthday
- 5 personal days leave a year, over and above your annual leave
- Remote Working (our offices are currently open for essential use only due to COVID-19)
- Home office set-up with laptop, monitor and other related items.
Clickatell is unequivocally committed to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe that we are stronger together and that sameness limits our thinking and our opportunities. You are welcome at Clickatell for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you choose to believe. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. But it isn’t just about a whole lot of different people working together all having their say – it is about us creating a place where we all feel that we belong. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world uses chat technology.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading digital commerce and customer engagement through mobile and chat