Backend Engineer (Cloud)
Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will participate in the architecture/design of backend services in the cloud (AWS) and build and deploy those services. You will be part of a team of engineers that support global operations for the company including mobile applications, public web applications and internal microservices. You will have the freedom to evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies and solutions to meet the needs of the company. Working with your new IT team and security experts from our MSP, we will ensure modern data privacy and security standards are incorporated into our architecture. You don’t have all the answers, but you know where to look and how to efficiently evaluate solutions against stakeholder requirements.
This position will operate out of the Washington, DC office. Remote work is an option upon the conclusion of the onboarding process.
This position will report to and be overseen by the Head of IT and work closely with IT team members, and Senior Operations Specialists as needed.
- 5+ years experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- 3+ years experience with AWS (RDS, EC2, ELB, S3, IAM/security)
- Version control for code (e.g., git, GitLab, GitHub) and database schemas (e.g., Liquibase, ORM solutions)
- Database design, development, and maintenance experience
- Experience improving database performance and scalability
- Maintain internal technical documentation for technical staff
- Ability to work directly with stakeholders, perform requirements gathering, and produce stakeholder/user-facing documentation
- Ability to work and troubleshoot independently and communicate proactively
Highly Desired skills:
- Experience with GraphQL APIs
- Experience in NoSQL backend solutions (e.g., MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB)
- Experience with caching (Redis, Memcached)
- GitLab or GitHub project management tools (e.g., epics, milestones, issues)
- Work in agile development environments, specifically kanban and scrum methodologies
- Experience with automated/DevOps models for development, testing, and release
Please submit Cover letter and Resume (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
C-Quest Capital, LLC