Front End Developer Lead
What you’ll do
We are looking for a talented front end developer to lead and own the direction for the Cosmonic front-end interface. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with learning fast and making data-driven decisions when implementing and designing the front end. Responsibilities include:
- Build front end of distributed server side systems and developer tooling in Typescript and React.
- Build and own direction for the front end development team
- Design, innovate, and build a world-class user experience
- Work with the latest technology related to cloud computing and WebAssembly
- Work with design agency to implement design assets in React+Tailwind
Background and Experience
Any candidate should be collaborative, good at problem solving, and have excellent organizational skills. In addition to those basic soft skills, we are looking for someone who has a background in the skills listed below. Only feel like you have experience with some of these things? Apply anyway! Prior experience in this space is not a hard requirement.
- You should be self-sufficient and a technical expert. This position requires informed decision-making and the ability to inform platform requirements based on your knowledge and research
- 3+ Years of experience building dynamic, data-driven applications with React and Typescript Experience with Tailwind CSS and HTML/JS canvas
- Ability to adapt with changing technology in a startup environment
- 2+ years of experience building software for production environments and recognizes the challenges, complexities, and tradeoffs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production
- Collaborates with the team to build, review and help design high quality code, while also demonstrating a high degree of ownership and autonomy
- Is thoughtful about user experience
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Has a high desire to contribute to team and company success
Other desired technical skills include:
- Familiarity with Elixir/Phoenix/Absinthe (Used for backend)
- Experience with CSS styled components, canvas, and graphing libraries (react-flow, dagre)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with testing libraries (jest, cypress)
- Experience with user onboarding software like Pendo
- Experience with Figma or Zeplin
- Familiarity with WebAssembly, wasmCloud
You’ll love working with Cosmonic because:
At Cosmonic, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for, making the products we’ve always wanted to use. You’ll be surrounded by some of the most supportive, talented, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with!
We encourage a healthy work / life balance and a diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce is healthy, rested, and reflects the kind of welcoming diversity we want to see in the world.
Cosmonic offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, learning and development opportunities, career development training, and more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Imagine. Create. Scale.