What you’ll do
We are looking for a talented backend engineer to help us build the systems underpinning Cosmonic. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with learning fast and making data-driven decisions when implementing and designing our backend services. Responsibilities include:
- Architect, build, and deploy backend components for the Cosmonic platform
- Assist in maintaining the public Cosmonic API
- Implement and design user-requested feature requests for the Cosmonic platform
Background and Experience
Any candidate should be collaborative, good at problem solving, and have excellent organizational skills. In addition to those basic soft skills, we are looking for someone who has a background in the skills listed below. Only feel like you have experience with some of these things? Apply anyway! Prior experience in this space is not a hard requirement.
- You should be self-sufficient and a technical expert. This position requires informed decision-making and the ability to inform feature requirements based on your knowledge and research
- Ability to adapt with changing technology in a startup environment
- 3+ years of experience building software for production environments and recognizes the challenges, complexities, and tradeoffs to be made when building and deploying production-quality code
- Collaborates with the team to build, review, and design high quality code, while also demonstrating a high degree of ownership and autonomy
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to your teammates
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Has a high desire to contribute to team and company success
Other desired technical skills include:
- Familiarity with Rust or Elixir
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with WebAssembly and wasmCloud
- Knowledge of how to build reliable distributed systems
You’ll love working with Cosmonic because:
At Cosmonic, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for, making the products we’ve always wanted to use. You’ll be surrounded by some of the most supportive, talented, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with!
We encourage a healthy work / life balance and a diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce is healthy, rested, and reflects the kind of welcoming diversity we want to see in the world.
Cosmonic offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, learning and development opportunities, career development training, and more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Imagine. Create. Scale.