This position is primarily responsible for supporting Pomona College’s ECM (Enterprise Content Management) system, Hyland OnBase, and for the development and maintenance of applications running in both Windows and Linux environments. As well, this position provides technical support, performs software upgrades and general server administration. This position will build and maintain data integrations that serve critical business processes for several administrative offices across the campus.
ECM support includes working with campus departments in identifying processes for the development of digital capture or document management solutions including custom workflows, document scanning, document retention, document archiving & querying, digital signatures, and OCR imaging.
This position also serves as the OnBase System Administrator, ensuring that the entire application stack is maintained and in compliance with the college’s data security policies. Job duties will occasionally entail troubleshooting and resolving both hardware and client software issues, both virtually and in-person. The ECM Administrator-Developer uses a full range of programming and business intelligence resources to solve complex system problems and build integrations between the College’s wide-array of enterprise administrative information systems.
Reporting to the Director Information Systems in Information Technology Services (ITS), the ECM Administrator-Developer works independently and collaboratively to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ongoing design, development, and implementation of the College’s document management infrastructure.
- Ensuring the stability and reliability of the ECM system through standardized and maintainable system administration policies and procedures.
- Developing APIs and workflow solutions, forms, scan queues, and interfaces as needed within the document management ecosystem.
- Developing and maintaining ETL (extract/transform/load) processes while following established best practices for software development and version control.
- Responding to/resolving issues affecting the ECM system or related services, as reported by end-users.
- Working with administrative departments such as HR, Finance and The Registrar's Office to gather, understand and document business processes, needs and objectives, and develop the appropriate technological solution.
- Developing, implementing, and supporting necessary integrations between the ECM system and the College’s other enterprise administrative information systems. These systems may include both on-premises and cloud-based services/technologies.
- Ensuring the overall health and performance of all on-premises servers related to the document management ecosystem using automated logging & monitoring tools.
- Creating and maintaining a knowledgebase of solutions and processes related to the document management ecosystem.
- Partnering with other ITS team members on projects relating to the ECM system or its associated processes.
- Safeguarding institutional data by adhering to the college’s document retention and security policies.
- Special projects and duties as assigned
Your application has been successfully submitted.