Ocean Infinity is seeking a UX Designer position involved in every step of the design process, working across different types of UX work, from user research and interaction design to visual design. The role will establish a stronger design framework, create new research processes and work closely with the engineering and the design team to deliver a highly polished product.
Work location: Remote, Hybrid or Office
Work country: Romania, Portugal, UK
Division / Department: Software
Reports to: Visual Effects Team – Design Team Leader
What will you do:
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of our design and research practices;
- Identify our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design;
- Develop creative and innovative design solutions for ownership experiences that support multiple types of users in different types of roles with varying scope and objectives;
- Create user flows, draw sketches and wireframes, defining how the user navigates and interact with the product;
- Create information architecture and decide how the product will be organized and structured;
- Create a process to conduct user testing to identify improvement areas;
- Communicate designs to a variety of design, engineering, and stakeholder audiences; assist with interface visual design.
Who you are:
- Proven ability and experience in design. Show us your best work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling;
- Experience in conducting research in digital products;
- Experience in creating user flows, wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes;
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma);
- Experience collaborating with a team of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process;
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing);
- Interested in the others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines;
- Excellent communication, and collaboration skills;
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
What you can expect:
Since the beginning we are committed to provide all our people with the best possible work conditions and benefits. Therefore, as we grow globally, we are constantly striving to go beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average.
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe that our environment can be anyone’s environment, and one that is sensitive to local needs
About Ocean Infinity
We’re a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We’re not your average workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create innovative robotic technology to transform operations at sea, to enable people and the planet to thrive.