Events Director - Volunteer for Women in Tech US Chapter
Women in Tech® is an international non-profit organization on a mission to close the gender gap and to help women embrace technology. We focus on 4 primary areas that are a call for action: Education, Business, Social Inclusion, and Advocacy. The aim is to educate, equip and empower women and girls with the necessary skills and confidence to succeed in STEM career fields.
Is this you?
You are passionate about women empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion and the impact it has on communities.
You love arranging events and have excellent organizational skills
About this Role
Working alongside the US Ambassadors and team of volunteers, you will be a key member of the US Women in Tech chapter
As an Events Director, you will lead the planning and execution of virtual and in-person events. You will direct the overall strategy and ideation, development, planning, and production of events, with a focus on building the member community. This role will also collaborate with the global team on events that take place in the United States.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in event planning with excellent organizational skills
- Be Tech Savvy to learn new skills and adapt to new platforms for hosting virtual events
- You’ll have good time-management skills as well as great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
You need to be able to volunteer at least 5 hours a week on Women in Tech related projects and events
What you’ll get:
- This is a unique opportunity to join a global non-for-profit organization making an impact in the lives of women all over the world.
- This is your chance to join a global network of passionate women that work towards one mission of empowering 5 million women and girls in STEM by 2030.
- Invitation to travel to International awards and events.
To apply, please email your resume to Lori (email@example.com) with a cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer and how you will add value to the Women in Tech US chapter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering 5 million women and girls in STEM by 2030