Events Coordinator - Volunteering role with Women in Tech US chapter
Women in Tech® is an international non-profit organization on a mission to close the gender gap and to help women embrace technology. We focus on 4 primary areas that are a call for action: Education, Business, Social Inclusion, and Advocacy. The aim is to educate, equip and empower women and girls with the necessary skills and confidence to succeed in STEM career fields.
Is this you?
You are passionate about women empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion and the impact it has on communities.
You love arranging events and have excellent organisational skills
About this Role
As an Events Coordinator to support the execution of virtual and in-person
events. You will be responsible for managing event plans and coordinating logistics. You'll
collaborate with the Events Director, functional team leads, and speakers to bring relevant
programming to our members.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in event planning with excellent organizational skills
- Be Tech Savvy to learn new skills and adapt to new platforms for hosting virtual events
- Experience with Zoom Webinar or Bevy will be advantageous
- You’ll have good time-management skills as well as great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
You need to be able to volunteer at least 3-5 hours a week on Women in Tech related projects and events
What you’ll get:
- This is a unique opportunity to join a global non-for-profit organization making an impact in the lives of women all over the world.
- This is your chance to join a global network of passionate women that work towards one mission of empowering 5 million women and girls in STEM by 2030.
To apply, please email your resume to Lori (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer and how you will add value to the Women in Tech US chapter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering 5 million women and girls in STEM by 2030