Aspire - Women in Tech Program
You want a career in tech, but you don't know where to start. Our ‘Aspire’ program can help unlock your future.
Imagine learning the technical skills you need to become a software developer. In a class with other women who support each other to succeed. All while being paid to train. Sound too good to be true? Thanks to our ‘Aspire’ program, it’s very much a reality.
Aspire is an 11-week instructor-led online course starting October 10th 2022. Taught by a woman and designed for women from all backgrounds.
At the end of the training, we’ll work to place you into a tech role with a global leading employer via our program. We have roles in St. Louis (Missouri), Plano (Texas), and Tampa (Florida).
During the application process, you'll get to show why you're passionate about a career in tech. Apply to get started.
How it works
- Register online
- Complete the assessment process: This will involve an intro call with a member of our talent team, an online problem-solving test, and final interview.
- Join the 11-week full-time online training course: You’ll be paid $625 a week while learning practical skills from your instructor. Expect a mix of lecture type learning, collaborative group work, and individual coding assignments.
- Have the support you need: Whether it’s webinars on key technical areas with Hristiana from our talent team, or drop-in sessions with our Academy Experience Managers, you’ll have a support network around you every step of the way.
- Get access to careers at leading employers: After the training, the goal is to place you with one of our clients via our graduate program. Our clients include top investment banks and insurance companies. But the choice is yours. There are no ‘lock-in’ clauses or unfair contracts. You’ll never have to pay a thing.
What you’ll learn:
Starting with the basics, the course will equip you with the skills needed to become a professional Java Software Developer. By the end of the training, you’ll be able to:
- Explain basic concepts in computer programming, including computational thinking and creating algorithms.
- Create applications using the coding language ‘Java’ with appropriate types and variables.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of code layout, object names, and comments to increase code readability.
- Identify basic principles of object-oriented programming.
- Organize code by responsibility into types and layers using the MVC pattern.
- Explain the Agile development approach to building software.
The support you need, every step of the way:
- Technical webinars: Before the course begins on October 10th, we’ll offer intro sessions, covering key topics that we’ll cover in more detail during the training. Examples include sessions on; Notepad, Github and HTML.
- Inspirational women speaker series: Get insights and advice from women who’ve worked in technology and the corporate world for decades.
- Career readiness support: Put your best foot forward by learning how to write a killer CV and ace those all-important interviews.
Get your foot in the door at a leading employer
We work with the biggest names in banking, technology, and insurance. We help them find driven graduates who are custom-trained in the skills they need. If you’re successfully placed, you’ll begin a 12-24 month placement with the client as a Wiley Edge employee. At the end of the placement, the majority convert to full time employees with the organization.
If you’d prefer to complete the training and start your career elsewhere, that’s not a problem. We don’t make you sign any unfair contracts and you’ll never have to pay a thing.
We Aspire for greater diversity in tech
It's no secret, the tech industry needs more diversity. The standard entry requirements for tech graduate roles can act as a barrier, preventing people with potential from getting the start they deserve. As a training and careers provider, we asked ourselves, what can we do to help more women start careers in tech?
‘Aspire’ is a training course specifically for women, taught by women. The program has been designed to encourage more women to participate in technology roles and to help solve the issue of low representation in the industry.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get the edge in your career. Our graduate program gives you job opportunities in technology, banking and business with leading global employers.