SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together to elevate the state of play. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Our flagship product, Aim Lab, is a personalized training platform that helps gamers learn about their strengths and weaknesses and train for the games they love. Aim Lab also has official partnerships with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Riot, Twitch, Ubisoft, Xbox, and more!
Aim Lab has over 20 million players around the world and is available for free on Steam. Our latest release, Aim Lab Mobile, is available for free for both Android and iOS devices in the Google Play store and Apple App store.
Do you have a non-traditional background? Have you ever been described as weird? Do you have an underdog mentality? If so, welcome home, we’d love for you to join our team!
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule. The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to.”
We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
Our benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
Who We're Looking For
The Engineering and QA team is excited to welcome a new SDET Engineer to our Backend services team as well as Frontend team. These individuals will work across a catalog of different products that train users and assist in coaching for some of your favorite FPS games. We’re looking for a smart, self-directed Frontend SDET who is comfortable bringing new ideas to the table and can design and build a test automation framework to support a CI pipeline. We’re always balancing our efforts between young and mature projects, so you’ll get along great with us if you aren’t afraid to iterate quickly on fresh ideas, but also take pride in designing, building and deploying a top-notch test automation process.
- Design, develop, and extend test architecture and frameworks that facilitate unattended validation of delivered products, services, and interfaces.
- Articulate and advocate for design, development, and testing practices that enable automated validation at all levels of the product’s architecture.
- Enable and collaborate with the QA staff to increase automated test coverage through enabling code frameworks, tools, and training.
- Work effectively with developers, management, and team members to clarify needs and testing requirements of major product changes, future versions, and new products.
- Java or Java Script, .NET, NUnit, C#, SQL and Jenkins.
- Creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation.
- API testing tools such as SOAPUI/ReadyAPI!, Postman, or vREST.
- Load and scalability tools such as JMeter, BlazeMeter, Pingdom or LoadRunner.
- Fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- Demonstrate the capability to guide or mentor team members regarding automation technology and best practices.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET.
- Knowledge of GraphQL, Python, Grafana dashboard.
- Grafana Dashboard, ElasticSearch Database, Zenoss, Sensu, Datadog.
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Proficient in version control and managing a codebase.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan + employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision contributions up to 100%
- FSA + DCA
- Employer-paid life insurance & LTD
- 12-week paid leave for new parents
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United states, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're building a game-changing data platform.