ICT Field Advisor (100%)
This is a cross-domain role bridging activities between different departments and working with many different stakeholders to bring required IT solutions to the field locations in an organized and structural way, taking into account limitations in technology access in the field locations. You will be creating and optimizing policies and SOP for currently used and future developed IT solutions. Technical work consists of 2-3 level support of field ICT issues that can’t be resolved by ICT staff in our missions. Working on improvement/development of ICT solutions for field locations with teammates and technical/functional stakeholders. You will also deliver trainings to the mission’s ICT and logistical staff on all new developments.
Place in the organisation
Within this role, you will functionally manage and provide support to our team of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officers in various different locations where MSF has a presence. This advice may also include colleagues in various departments on recommendations, and/or to field managers on field specific issues. You will work as part of a team of Field ICT Advisors that focuses on field ICT support and field oriented ICT solutions. You will report to the Field ICT Coordinator in the Amsterdam ICT department. The ICT department consists of 22 IT and IS specialists that focus on business/IT alignment, field delivery, support and supplier management.
Objective of the position
As Field ICT Advisor, you will provide on the ground expertise based on needs, that goes above and beyond normal competencies found in MSF-OCA projects. You will give advice to colleagues in the IT department and functionally manage field ICT staff. You will support the Logistics Coordinators in establishing or updating the existing ICT documents. You will support implementation of the CyberKits (datacenter-in-a-box solution), MSF-OCA ICT policy and strategy in OCA missions, implement current ICT standards in the OCA (Operating Centre Amsterdam) missions and train new ICT staff in OCA missions.
- Provide second line ICT support to field operations;
- Support and oversee (from HQ) our ICT staff work in their local field locations through functional management;
- Promote and maintain a vision on field ICT services;
- Contribute to the development of our ICT field knowledge base and improving best practices;
- Improve, implement and maintain processes and procedures that enable increased efficiency in the field;
- Monitor IT services and IT infrastructure in the field and initiate improvements;
- Initiate / perform research and analyses of ICT developments;
- Propose and give advice on intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary activities;
- Initiate change and maintain an integral and coherent policy for field ICT, while developing guidelines, protocols etc. to support it;
- Assist in the hiring process for Field ICT staff;
- Facilitate the ICT training of field ICT staff and logisticians and the development of ICT knowledge transfer material;
- Support ICT related projects being rolled out to the field locations in terms of expertise, guidance and co-ordination;
- Be available for field deployment on technical, training and / or emergency assignments, potentially a few weeks at a time.
- You have a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field;
- At least 5 -10 years of experience in IT support/management;
- Experience within MSF or another humanitarian organization will be considered an asset;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken; French will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in regards of dealing with 3rd party vendors, stakeholders, management, giving trainings, updating our support tool, and remote communication;
- You’re an excellent team player;
- Exposure to working in different countries with an understanding and respect for different cultures;
- An ability to look at the bigger picture in terms of vision and ICT landscape;
- You have knowledge and experience with the following technical areas:
- Identity and Access Management
- Active Directory
- Network Administration;
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager and/or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Virtualization software [Hyper-V]
- Automated monitoring [Zabbix]
- Windows Server 
- Knowledge and experience in Intune
- Knowledge and experience with power and energy systems will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with network devices configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting will be considered an asset; [certification in Fortinet];
- You have the flexibility to travel to the MSF projects for about 30% of your time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Access to medical care