Events Coordinator - Volunteering role with Women in Tech US chapter
The role is fully remote, however, you need to be based in the US.
Women in Tech® is an international non-profit organization on a mission to close the gender gap and to help women embrace technology. We focus on 4 primary areas that are a call for action: Education, Business, Social Inclusion, and Advocacy. The aim is to educate, equip and empower women and girls with the necessary skills and confidence to succeed in STEAM career fields. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Maths)
Is this you?
- You are passionate about women empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion and the impact it has on communities.
- You love arranging events and have excellent organizational skills
- You are tech-savvy and have worked on various virtual events platforms
About this Role
Working alongside the US Ambassadors, Events Director and team of volunteers, you will be a member of the Women in Tech US chapter.
As an Events Coordinator, you will assist the Events Director with virtual and in-person events. You will provide logistics support to execute event strategy and help with key aspects of the event including pre-event internal communications and event management, live support during the event, and post-event reporting. This role will also collaborate with our global team on events that take place in the United States.
- Ideally, you will have previous experience in event planning with excellent organizational skills
- Be Tech Savvy to learn new skills and adapt to new platforms for hosting virtual events
- You’ll have good time-management skills as well as great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
You need to be able to volunteer 3-5 hours a week on Women in Tech related projects and events
What you’ll get:
- This is a unique opportunity to join a global non-for-profit organization making an impact in the lives of women all over the world.
- This is your chance to join a global network of passionate women that work towards one mission of empowering 5 million women and girls in STEAM by 2030.
- Chance to travel to International awards and events in Paris and Dubai
To apply, please email your resume to Lori (email@example.com) with a cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer and how you will add value to the Women in Tech US chapter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering 5 million women and girls in STEM by 2030