Senior Full-Stack Engineer
YOUR ROLE 🎯
This is a remote role, which means you have the flexibility to work from anywhere that is within +/- 2 hours of Germany's time zone. However, we still value personal interactions, so we will have frequent in-person meetings in Berlin.
As a senior full-stack engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply artificial intelligence to the manufacturing industry. As an early team member, you'll play a crucial role in shaping our product and user experience. You are a full-stack developer who cares about products and user experience, not just specific technologies. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to define and architect an entirely new platform from the ground up.
You will not be limited by legacy technologies or slow processes. As our company grows, you will have the opportunity to lead major projects and support Junior Full-Stack engineers with their developments. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to expand our engineering team and shape the engineering culture. This role is ideal for entrepreneurial-minded engineers who want to be a part of a fast-growing startup.
Your role will include:
- Building our Web app from scratch.
- Using your full-stack experience to design intelligent solutions that include front-end and back-end systems, and teaching others to do the same.
- Proactively collaborating closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to drive the evolution of our technology.
- API and infrastructure development
- Maintaining effective communication and collaboration with other engineering teams to manage dependencies and deliverables to ensure end-to-end integration and quality
- Ensuring development of a robust, safe, secure, highly available, and highly scalable product
YOUR PROFILE 📝
We define ourselves by a culture of ownership and cooperation. We are looking for driven, capable, visionary, and prudent talents with proven track records of personal, academic, and professional achievement.
- 3+ years experience as a full-stack engineer building web applications from scratch.
- Experience developing Python-based back-end applications
- Experience with Frontend Frameworks (React, Angular…)
- Experience designing, implementing, and interacting with REST APIs
- Experience with SQL databases (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- You have experience with a Cloud-based application environment (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
- Fluency in English (German not required).
🚀 Nice to have:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Industry/freelance experience developing web applications for data processing and visualization
- An interest in AI, computer vision, and deep learning.
WHAT WE OFFER 🎉
- A competitive salary 💲 + stock options
- A Brand new office situated on the AI Campus in Berlin where we closely cooperate with other exciting AI ventures - although we work remotely 🏠, you can still work from the campus if you wish
- Networking and mentorship opportunities with leaders 👩💻 in the company and industry
- Supportive and inclusive culture ⚖️ that values diversity and promotes the advancement of underrepresented groups within the company.
- We offer Visa Sponsorship 📄
- Hardware allowance 💻️. We give you support to have all the equipment you would need to thrive on your job.
- International Team 🧑🤝🧑: Within our current team we have more than 10 nationalities and counting
- Engaging Topics 📚 and Excellence: Merantix offers unique insights into applied machine learning research and development, working with a group of highly talented engineers and entrepreneurs
- Ethics⚖️: We are committed to developing ethical AI software
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking a new level of productivity in manual assembly with the power of computer vision and AI-based analytics