Senior Software Engineer
How our society supports grievers must change, and our technology team is investing heavily into making it a reality. Technology is the backbone of Mi Alma. It touches everything from our sales team, to customer support, and every element of our customers' and users' experience.
We are building a team of talented, impact-minded problem solvers to reshape how grievers receive support when a loved one passes.
The primary focus of our Software Engineers is to refine our core product, which consists of:
- User Onboarding
- Page Creation
- Page Purchasing
- Support Registry
- Memory & image contribution
- Communication between grievers and supports
We ship code daily and there are opportunities to make meaningful contributes at each level of the tech stack. You'll be onboard early enough to take your pick of interesting challenges, yet arriving just in time for a live product with daily users.
NOT A SENIOR ENGINEER? We love rebels but for this application we are rewarding those who follow instructions. If you are not a fit, earn bonus points by not applying for this position and applying to this role instead.
- Develop and maintain our Ruby on Rails web application
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software solutions
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Strong, 6+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with database design & postgresql
- Familiarity with Git, pull requests, and version control best practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment
- Self directed in fully remote work environment
- Report direct to Chief Technology Officer, Morgan Lopes
- Full time and Contract options available
- Equity and typical benefits (time off, insurance, etc) for full time candidates
- Fully Remote
Tools & Technology
Our setup is built for simplicity and speed. No need to have worked with everything below but it'll be a nice bonus for everyone if you have.
- Ruby on Rails (Web Applications)
- Ruby on Middleman (Brochure Site)
- Google Suite
Details are important. Most of the fields below are not required, but they are all expected. Leaving anything blank will reflect poorly on your application (which should be an easy win). We kept the application simple to ensure this request is accessible to all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.