Who We Are
Esdec Solar Group is the world’s largest provider of rooftop solar mounting hardware. Solar installers have depended on us to secure more than 3.5 Gigawatts of solar per year on residential, commercial, and industrial roofs. Our brands in the United States include industry leaders, EcoFasten, IronRidge, PanelClaw, and QuickMount.
As a Systems Administrator, working within the IT department at Esdec, you will be responsible for implementing operational and technical security protocols, as well as oversee the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers. This position requires installation of hardware and software and participation in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of the organization. The Systems Administrator will actively resolve problems and issues with computer and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and services in Azure and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Be a solution provider and problem solver for escalated help desk tickets
- Configure and maintain security tools (firewalls specifically Sophos and Palo Altos) and security requirements
- Provide advice on technical security and Implementing network security policies
- Work with architectures team to implement best practice around defending systems against unauthorized access Perform any other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field (or equivalent experience) required
- 2-4 years’ experience using Microsoft Azure, Intune, MA Security suite (Defender), full O365 Suite, Cisco Meraki, and Palo Alto
- 3-5 years of network administration, or system administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of ISO, PCI-DSS or GDPR compliance is required
- System Administration and/or IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or vendor specific devices (such as Meraki/Palo Alto/ Sophos) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization in Azure and Azure Active Directory is a must
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven record of accomplishment implementing and effectively developing user training and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Commitment to the mission of Esdec Solar Group
Where You Will Be Located
This position is located in North Andover, MA.
What We’ll Offer
In addition to a competitive benefit package, we offer team members perks such as paid time off (PTO), a long-term incentive plan, 401(k) match, development opportunities, educational assistance, 12 observed company holidays, paid parental leave, and a collaborative, inclusive culture just to name a few!
We offer competitive compensation determined by each individual's relevant experience, skills, education and location. We anticipate the base salary for this position to be between $100,000 and $120,000, if located in the Massachusetts market. In addition to base salary, Esdec Solar Group employees are eligible for either an annual bonus or commission, depending on their position. If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
Who We Hire
Esdec Solar Group is a global organization and places high value on creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, providing equal opportunity for all applicants and staff. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at TalentTeam@us.esdecsolargroup.com or by phone at 510-278-9353. Esdec will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
We encourage authenticity and invite you to join us each day just as you are.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Esdec Solar Group
New Energy Makes the Difference