Staff Engineer - Front End
Who We Are
Love sports? Attracted to the startup hustle? This role might be perfect for you!
PrizePicks is the largest independently owned Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) platform in North America. Centered around real-money more/less predictions, PrizePicks allows sports fans to play against the numbers rather than each other, and it is the simplest variety of daily fantasy sports with the widest breadth of sports coverage of any DFS operator. Boasting partnerships to date with the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, and Miami Marlins, as well as Ghost Gaming, PrizePicks is currently the closest legal alternative to legal mobile sports betting in the majority of the United States. With an existing digital footprint covering more than 70 percent of the U.S. population, PrizePicks is the most accessible type of game for the masses.
The company is headquartered in Atlanta, remote is an option for the immediacy of this position. If you would like to view our product, it can be found on the App Store and Google Play, as well as on the web at prizepicks.com.
Staff Engineer applying expertise in programming procedures to complex software within the PrizePicks ecosystem.
- Investigates and analyzes feasibility and program requirements, and develops programming specifications.
- Plans the full range of programming actions to produce several interrelated but different products from numerous and diverse data elements which are usually from different sources.
- Develops, modifies, redesign and maintains complex software.
- Designs and implements the interrelations of files and records within programs which will effectively fit into the overall design of the project.
- Tests, documents, and writes operating instructions for all work.
- Investigating the feasibility of alternate programming design approaches to determine the best balanced solution.
- Works independently under overall objectives and direction, apprising the supervisor about progress and unusual complications.
- Modifies and adapts precedent solutions and proven approaches.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated advanced experience with domain area programming language
- Working with software teams to drive a desired result with complex requirements.
Candidates should have expert experience in the following technologies:
- Turborepo or Lerna
- CSS/SCSS/Styled Components
- Shell environments
Bonus Points (nice to have but not required)
Candidates could have some sort of experience in the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- SQL (Postgres)
- Shell scripting
- Operating distributed software systems
- Linux or similar UNIX type operating systems
In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision coverage plans and matching 401(k), we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Break room with ping pong, end endless snacks and in-office lunch once a week
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance
- A modern work schedule focused on getting the job done well, not hours clocked
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Open office layout promotes collaboration, conversation and teamwork to drive results
- Significant opportunity for growth and career development
- Remote or Onsite (Atlanta, GA)
PrizePicks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Daily Fantasy Made Easy