Sr Software Engineer
Frustrated with your current position because you're not given enough challenge, autonomy or responsibility? We know that feeling. That's why we've created a unique position for you at Buyers Edge Platform. If you're interested in a fast-paced environment and working on a variety of projects (not just the boring ones) check us out.
Buyers Edge Platform (“BEP”) was born out of the 20-year growth and success of its founding companies Dining Alliance, Buyers Edge and Consolidated Concepts. BEP is a technology enabled group purchasing network, which provides group purchasing services, SaaS based technology solutions, and supply chain consulting and procurement related services to foodservice operators across many verticals, including restaurants (independents as well as multiunit, chains and franchise concepts), hospitality (hotels, casinos, resorts), healthcare (LTC based operators), colleges & universities and array of other foodservice based operators (food trucks, caterers, amusement parks and other leisure based operators). BEP represents over $35 Billion in Network Transactions. We are committed and passionate about our mission to keep foodservice operators thriving by saving them money and increasing the quality of their products.
This is a full-time, remotely based opportunity that doesn't need to be 9-5p; we offer flexibility around work hours. We are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this role.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently growing our Software Development team to build out the functionality of our FinTech, back-office restaurant accounting software module that offers food cost management, payroll, plus much more.
You are experienced with Java, along with either React or Angular, and ideally come from a startup or fintech environment. You are skilled at taking something from start to finish with understandable, refactorable code.
- Develop high quality code that adheres to best practices in design, proper testing, and good documentation
- Assist with code releases where needed, including rollout and testing
- Fulfill stakeholders’ needs and ensure they are satisfied with the end result
- Experience with a start-up or FinTech a huge plus
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud based systems
- The ability to work with PM and understand and define system requirements
- Full stack development with either React or Angular
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
“Nice to haves”:
- UNIX/Linux and JIRA/Confluence experience
- AWS, Redshift, React, JPA and Git experience a plus
- Document database experience preferred (Raven DB, or Mongo DB)
What’s in this for you?
Amazing coverages to start. Medical, dental, and vision coverages are just the beginning! We also offer ancillary plans, such as flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care, critical illness, accident, and voluntary life as well as company paid life and long-term-disability plans! On top of this, we also offer a 401(k) plan with company match.
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program; and offer competitive compensation.
Live well = Work well. Relax with our Personal Responsibility Paid Time Off policy where you don’t have to accrue time off in order to take it! We have half-day Summer Fridays!
Buyers Edge Platform
Calling Food Lovers and Tech Enthusiasts!