Communications Network Specialist II
Communications Network Specialist II is responsible for the monitoring, management, and support of a multi-campus Wide Area Network, firewalls, and Internet connectivity. Communications Network Specialist II is also responsible for troubleshooting all network-attached devices, the wireless infrastructure, and DNS / DHCP / IPAM. Communications Network Specialist II is responsible for regularly reviewing new network-based products or upgrades of existing products for applicability to the operational mission and existing hardware/software environment of the employing unit, recommending the acquisition of new products or upgrades when appropriate, and overseeing the installation, testing and operational effectiveness of the network.
1. Administration, configuration, and monitoring of network equipment (Servers, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Load balancers, Link controllers, DNS, VPN, Voice gateways, etc.)
2. Manage, configure, upgrade, maintain, and support wireless infrastructure in a multi-campus environment.
3. Manage, configure, upgrade, maintain, and support VOIP infrastructure in a multi-campus environment.
4. Is responsible for the installation, testing, and operational effectiveness of new or enhanced systems of assigned unit(s).
5. Multiple projects with responsibility for preparing detailed, long-range, comprehensive system plans.
6. Ensures that network devices, applications, and related configurations and systems are backed up regularly and implements procedures for protecting the integrity and security of data stored on or routed through the assigned file server(s).
7. Ensures that all access to the LAN is only by persons authorized by the employer with appropriately registered login IDs and passwords; keeps appropriate records and histories of access by users.
8. Manage, configure, upgrade, and maintain network monitoring systems
9. Assists users with their continued access to the LAN; provides for the required software drivers and correct versions of software packages.
10. Provides integrity tests of new client-server applications before distributing to users; establishes and implements LAN policies, procedures, and standards and assures their conformance with overall institution/agency policies and procedures.
11. Provides expert advice and training to others in the organization.
12. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation that totals two academic years:
- college/vocational/technical training in communications, electronic engineering/technology, data processing/computer science, or a related technical field
- technical work experience in communications, electronics, data processing/computer science, or a related technical field
- In addition to the training/experience required in #1, 12 months of technical work experience in communications, electronics, data processing/computer science, or a related technical field
- Any one or any combination of the following types of additional preparation that totals two academic years:
- college training in communications, electronic/electrical engineering, computer science, or a related technical field
- technical systems experience in a communications operation and maintenance function.
- One year of technical systems experience in a communications operation and maintenance function, in addition to the training/ experience required in #1 and #2.
Departmental Preferred Qualifications:
1. Aruba network fabric for the internal data centers, campus buildings, and co- location connectivity. -Aruba Central experience a plus
2. Administration, configuration, and monitoring of network equipment (Servers, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, voice gateways, etc.)
3. IP/ VLAN / DNS / DHCP configuration and support, Infoblox experience is highly preferred
4. Aruba wireless administration and connectivity.
5. Linux Red Hat, Windows Server, and Active Directory
6. Data Center infrastructure solutions: F5 (LTM, APM, ASM), Checkpoint (NGFW + IDS/IPS functions), DNS (Infoblox)
7. Cisco IP Voice / Call Manager
(This position requires a background check.)
Salary Range: $70,000
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, generous time off plans, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System.
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.
Northeastern Illinois University
Our mission is you.