Senior Web Developer
Who We Are:
The Cardano Foundation is the independent, non-profit organization responsible for stewarding the advancement of the public, permissionless blockchain platform Cardano. Our mission is to establish the Cardano blockchain as the future financial and social system of the world for generations to come, driving adoption and facilitating development of the protocol. We aim to de-risk decentralization for regulators and organizations, while also giving the Cardano community the necessary tools and support to leverage the Cardano protocol to solve real world problems.
Based in Switzerland, the Foundation works to facilitate the use of Cardano in mission critical applications across a wide range of industries and markets, anchoring use cases in the off-line world and encouraging active on-chain participation and governance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Cardano Foundation is looking for an experienced Senior Web Developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Cardano Foundations web assets. You will work alongside marketing and creative experts, engineering teams, and agencies. You will design processes, evaluate technologies and frameworks and develop responsive web interfaces that deliver exceptional user experiences to our multi-persona user base. We offer a highly-rewarding remote working environment, a motivated and purpose-driven team and excellent development opportunities.
- Design, build and maintain websites, landing pages and web applications across different platforms and channels.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of various web assets for mobile and desktop.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to launch/publish new features.
- Work with the Community Team, ensuring broad participation from the Cardano community in shaping Cardano’s online content.
- Work with graphic designers to convert design mockups into front end code.
- Maintain security and data protection measures for all web assets
- Manage / Maintain SEO and online marketing metrics.
What We Look For In You:
- Proven experience of contributing to web design and improvement for new and existing projects.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on front end development experience building functional, responsive web applications.
- Knowledge of agile management of frequent, iterative releases leveraging CI/CD pipelines (GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.).
- Good command of English (both written and spoken).
- Collaborative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Team player with a track record of working effectively with international teams and different stakeholders
- You have strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- You are focused on achieving goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand user requirements and develop solutions.
Nice To Have:
- An understanding of blockchain technology, Proof of Stake, wallets and key management.
- Experience with web3 libraries and dApp development.
Cardano Foundation has incredible employees from over 24 nationalities, across 3 continents which you will work collegiately to grow the Foundation.
Here at Cardano Foundation’s we are transparent, inclusive, passionate and innovative. As such our mission is to have a positive impact on global change and breed a harmonious working environment for our employees to flourish.
- Our employees have the flexibility and freedom to work from home with flexible working hours.
- All Cardano Foundation employees will have access to a personal annual learning budget dedicated to personal professional and personal development.
- A day a year is dedicated to a departmental team activity fun day out.
- Cardano Foundation gives the opportunity to its employees to dedicate a volunteering day to help the greater community or to be an expert in your field of work within the blockchain community.
- Employees are given additional day off for their birthday.
- Cardano Foundation also rewards days off as per established work anniversaries milestones.
Cardano Foundation strives to provide a diverse, inclusive and welcoming working environment. We are committed being a discrimination free organisation - including discrimination free space with regards to age, religion, race, nationality/ethnic origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Our mission is to provide meaningful and accessible Cardano education for everyone.