Automation and Controls Application Engineer
ICONICS, a group company of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, is seeking applications engineers who have designed and implemented automation projects. As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of major systems. Automation systems might include extremely large commercial building automation as well as factory automation systems. In your role, you will be involved in the integration of large and diverse types of commercial and industrial equipment and sensors, as well as customer databases and IT applications. You will be contributing to the organization and analysis of monitored data, and will be designing critical graphical dashboards, reports, alerts and workflows based on such data.
We are looking for individuals with strong diverse engineering skills, that can learn and react to new customers and new customer problems that need solving. ICONICS is the provider of software that automates automotive manufacturing plants, breweries, water plants, oil & gas wells, data center infrastructure, pharmaceutical plants, electrical grids, to name a few. Our engineers need to be able to quickly understand a customer’s applications, networks, protocols, devices and engineer our software to achieve the optimal systems.
ICONICS is a managed Microsoft Partner, and has numerous awards for bringing the latest Microsoft technology to the benefit of automation applications. Consequently any Microsoft certifications, such as communications, databases, administration or Azure Cloud, are considered positively. And although not required light programming skills in C-Sharp, Python, SQL etc. are a plus.
In this position, you will be involved in assisting, consulting and implementing projects for our most important customers. You are expected to be of the highest professional integrity and be the person that the customer can rely on for critical advice involving their use of ICONICS software.
This position is based in Foxboro, MA. Hybrid Approach - New office opening summer 2023 - employees will be returning to work in the new, modern space 2 days/week, working from home rest of the week. Candidates should be in commuting distance to Foxboro office.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering major or Computer Science.
- 1-5 years’ experience with Automation Software deployment (BMS or BAS or SCADA or DCS system experience)
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Software and Operating Systems
- Experience with computer and industrial networks
- Experience in database design and SQL queries and procedures
- 5-15% travel required (may include international and weekend travel)
- Comfortable with customer facing activities
Additional Skills any of which are considered a plus:
- Artistic skills, UX design, and web design a plus
- Some programming skills, utilizing C#, Python , etc.
- Knowledge of IoT technologies, protocols and concepts
- Experience with OPC, BACnet, Modbus, SNMP protocols
- Experience with web services
- Experience deploying cloud based solutions in Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Prior achievement of, or ability to acquire Federal Security Credentials and Clearances
At ICONICS, we’re building an international culture of innovation, creativity, and excellence in product development, technical support, sales, and service. Over our 37-year history, ICONICS, a group company of Mitsubishi, has grown rapidly and has successfully deployed more than 375,000 software applications to manufacturing, industrial, building automation, and sustainability markets worldwide.
We're proud to offer an impressive array of benefits that go above and beyond regulatory requirements in each of the countries we are located. From comprehensive insurance to generous retirement savings plan and other benefits, we've got you covered. Plus, we offer paid vacation, company holidays, and much more.
Join us and experience a workplace where you're truly valued!
Automation for Anything