Operations Engineer, Space Planner
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS ENGINEER, SPACE PLANNER
As an operations engineer, you will work with all programs on the Hawthorne campus to develop and maintain accurate space allocations. You will be challenged to be up to date with space needs and timelines in order to help your stakeholders succeed. We are looking for an engineer with a history of managing multiple projects and providing creative solutions that will optimize operational efficiency. This position is based out of the Hawthorne campus and will require an active on-site presence.
- Maintain accurate information and coordinate space planning decisions within and between campuses in Archibus
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in production, supply chain, engineering, operations, and accounting groups to synchronize efforts
- Provide input into space strategy and space utilization across the Hawthorne campus
- Engage with leadership to understand space requirements
- Run point of contact with other departments on move and relocations sequencing as needed
- Walk through spaces to document and validate occupancy as required
- Create relocation strategies and solutions for our internal customers and communicate effectively with all parties involved in each exchange
- Identify operational issues within the organization, determine root cause, and develop appropriate solutions
- Develop system and process improvements within and between facilities groups
- Capture best practices, and manage organizational knowledge
- Lead multiple concurrent projects
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of operations/process improvement experience
- Experience with Excel, SQL, or Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing, supply chain, or production environment
- Proficiency with statistics, data analysis, data visualization, and cost benefit analysis
- Experience with CAD software, ArcGIS, Archibus, Power BI, and JIRA
- Familiarity with inventory, production, and capacity planning (including MRP/ERP systems)
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and other related production principles
- Experience or education in management science and engineering, operations engineering, operations research, or industrial engineering
- Experience as a contributor to multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed, including occasional short-notice domestic travel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Facilities Operations Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Facilities Operations Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.