Senior Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
NVIDIA has been redefining computer graphics, PC gaming and accelerated computing for more than 25 years. It’s a unique legacy of innovation that’s fueled by amazing technology and outstanding people. Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering specializes broad manufacturing processes from plastic, metal, industrial design (ID) decorations, fabrication and tooling, end to end responsible thermal and mechanical component readiness. As a team, we support all products NVIDIA developments. Your contribution will be towards DFM (Design for manufacturing) development, finding MFD (Manufacturing for design) solutions, driving manufacturing feedback to Engineering and implementing industry standard methodology to ensure smooth system integration in manufacturing. You will be working concurrently with NVIDIA hardware engineering teams and thermal, mechanical suppliers to develop manufacturing maturity at the same pace of product design, starting from conception phase, through new NPI to MP (mass production). What you’ll be doing:
- Manage consumer NPI mechanical and thermal component qualification, manufacturing technology management and MP readiness.
- Represent Operations during early product life cycle and provide manufacturability, quality, cost and yield impact information to design, sourcing, and manufacturing engineering teams.
- Ensure clear product specifications, such as CMF (color, material and finish), cosmetic spec, 2D drawing and reliability requirement,
- Lead suppliers to establish efficient fabrication process flow and to drive solutions to problems that are or might adversely affect MP.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation plan and apply risk minimizing techniques to optimize manufacturability
- Perform surveys and audits for new supplier selection and qualification with functional teams and Implementing KISS principle (keep it simple, stupid), handle DFM exception agreement
- Address front line production and manufacturing product issues, monitor health of fleet and initiate investigation of issues, and root cause product failures and drive corrective action
- Key reviewer of, mechanical component manufacturing readiness and own yield and efficiency improvement actions and process change decisions based on statistical process control (SPC) data analysis to meet target capacity
- Manufacturing waste reduction, cost optimization proposals as well as cosmetic appearance improvement
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience; M.S. preferred
- 5+ years of consumer product design
- In depth knowledge of commonly used industrial design decoration manufacturing technology capability, material selection, and related tooling/mold technologies,
- Solid understanding of basic electrical circuits, awareness of testing & inspection method and instrument and proven hands-on experience and proficiency in DFM good practice to provide data driven product design suggestions
- Technical and quality sensitive and effective problem-solver through collaboration and ability, strong performance-oriented spirit, and excellent coordinating & organizing abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and operate outside of comfort zone, self-starter and self-motivated great teammate, can-do attitude
- Strong project management skills, familiar with NPI process, ability to drive multiple parts and aspect of products manufacturing process development simultaneously,
- Experience to visualize, clarify product system assembly needs through optimization, and to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
- Practical knowledge of system assembly, system testing and tolerance capability,
- Experience in functional tolerancing evaluation and/or GD&T to sophisticated assemblies and good experience with Creo, or similar CAD software, excellent interpersonal skills
- The ideal candidate would have balanced design and manufacturing experience and passion for manufacturing process optimization, craftsmanship and quality delivery as well as a background in consumer product mechanical design and manufacturing environment.
- We are looking for individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment and are not afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We desire a self-starter, a leader with a deep sense of dedication